StatPlan ... Market Intelligence in Electricity, Gas, Water & Utilities
StatPlan is an authority on the global energy industry, especially electricity. We publish reports, forecasts and databases on energy infrastructure (generation, transmission and distribution), key products (such as transformers, water, gas and electricity meters, cable, towers, poles and insulators) and key market drivers that influence demand (specifically electrification and gasification).
Energy Research and Forecasting
StatPlan delivers the next generation of reports and forecasts, based on analysis of robust data. Research is only as good as the quality and comprehensiveness of the data input and to that end we have created a new series of 19 data sets covering the global market for energy generation, transmission and distribution, using many more and newer sources of information. These provide the foundation for our market analysis and allow us to consider many more variables in our forecasting.
We also offer ad hoc consultancy for companies operating in the energy sector, leading all projects ourselves and utilising our network of consultants when we need additional capacity. These assignments might be to improve market performance, understand and develop new market opportunities or ensure current market propositions remain relevant and aligned to customer needs.
Principal author and editor of all StatPlan Energy publications is Euan Blauvelt. He has worked in the energy industry for 25 years and is acknowledged as an industry expert. His reports and insights are keenly anticipated by the world's leading supply chain manufacturers, consultancies, banks, financial analysts and utilities. He was co-founder and research director of ABS Energy & Power in 1992 where he was responsible for overseeing the databases and reports. He personally has created many of the databases and written many of the reports.
It takes time and analytical skill to unravel the many sources of information that are out there, to work out what is reliable and what is comparable. We are rapidly being recognised as experts in the sector, our team having many years of monitoring the industry and delivering analysis and expertise.
Coming Soon ~ 9 Power Sector Reports
To be released in August with the launch of our new website, the objective of these reports is to provide data and analysis of all aspects of the power sector, for those concerned with the markets for mechanical and electrical equipment, and for planners concerned with the infrastructure, the capacity and future growth of generation facilities, and for transmission and distri-bution networks. The Power Sector Reports are constructed in modules so that users with differing inter-ests can purchase those parts which are of interest, without having to buy a lot of unnecessary infor-mation.
This series of reports charts capital expenditure on the plants and networks amounting to $750 billion in 2015. This expenditure is charted historically, forecast to 2020 and analysed by infrastructure segment, energy source and re-gion and by cost component.
Our current publication list includes:
- NEW! The Global Market for HV Insulators Report Ed 2 2016
- Global Electricity Meters 2015 Ed2 (incl. + excl. database)
- Transformer Report 2015 - Ed 4 (incl. database)
- Transformer Report 2015 - Ed 4 (excl. database)
- The Switchgear Report 2015
- The Cable Report 2015 - Ed2
- The Global Market for Electricity Towers and Poles 2014 - 2020
- The Global Market for Telecoms Towers 2014 - 2020
- The European Meter Market: Electricity, Gas and Water, Forecast to 2018, Long Term Trends to 2050
- Water Meters: Global Market Forecast and Trends 2013-2018 (excl. database)
- Water Meters: Global Market Forecast and Trends 2013-2018 (incl. database)
- Japan Electric Industry Country Profile 2014
- Gas Meters: Global Market Forecast and Trends 2013 - 2050 (incl. database)
- Gas Meters: Global Market Forecast and Trends 2013 - 2050 (excl. database)
- Global Gasification Trends 2012 - 2050 (incl. database)
- Special Offer: Global Gasification Trends 2012 - 2050 (incl. database) & Global Electrification Trends 2012 - 2050
- Generation Capacity and Demand 2012 - 2050 (incl. database)
- Generation Capacity and Demand 2012 - 2050 (excl. database)
- Transmission and Distribution Utility Networks and Equipment Markets 2012 - 2050 (incl. database)
- Transmission and Distribution Utility Networks and Equipment Markets 2012 - 2050 (excl. database)
- Global Electrification Trends: Database and Overview of Households with Electricity 2012 - 2050
- Global Railway CAPEX Forecasts to 2020