This is the 1st edition of the StatPlan HV/MV Switchgear Report. The report sizes demand for switchgear and forecasts from 2015 to 2020
TOTAL SWITCHGEAR MARKETS – VALUE AND COMPOSITION 2014
- HV & MV > 1 kV, LV ≤ 1 kV, Ancillary equipment
HV & MV SWITCHGEAR MARKET SIZES AT EX-FACTORY COST AND INSTALLED COST
- Global demand by region 2014
- Total forecast in nominal $ from 2014 to 2050
GLOBAL DEMAND HV & MV SWITCHGEAR MARKET SIZES AT EX-FACTORY
- By region
- By every country (124 countries)
- Forecast in real $2014 from 2014 to 2020
- Forecast in nominal $ from 2014 to 2050
DEMAND FOR HV & MV SWITCHGEAR BY TYPE AT EX-FACTORY COST
- Circuit breakers, panel boards, protection relays, disconnectors, fuses, switches, lightening arresters, isolators and other apparatus
- Globally and by region
- By major countries (13)
- Forecast in nominal $ from 2014 to 2020
DEFINITION OF SWITCHGEAR AND PRODUCT COMPONENTS INTERNATIONAL TRADE
- Exports and imports of major trading countries
PRODUCTION OF HV & MV SWITCHGEAR BY PRODUCT CATEGORY 2014
- Circuit breakers, panel boards, protection relays, disconnectors, fuses, switches, lightening arresters, isolators and others
CIRCUIT BREAKER POPULATION ANALYSED BY TYPE, BY REGION & MAJOR COUNTRY
- DTB bulk oil
- LTB minimum oil
- Air blast
- SF6 GIS
- SF6 AIS live tank
- SF6 AIS dead tank
DISTRIBUTION OF HV & MV CIRCUIT BREAKER POPULATION BY VOLTAGE 2014
- HV ≥ 700 kV
- HV 500 ≤ 700 kV
- HV 300 ≤ 500 kV
- HV 200 ≤ 300 kV
- HV 100 ≤ 200 kV
- HV 72.5 ≤ 100 kV
- MV 1 ≤ 72.5 kV
CIRCUIT BREAKER TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
- Circuit breakers have experienced three fundamental changes in technology, in the 1930s and from 1950-70. In each case a new technology established
dominance in the HV or MV market over several decades. Long established markets have legacy populations of breakers with earlier technologies, while newly electrified countries leapfrog straight to new technology. The emergence of each technology is plotted over time, to establish the dominance of each technology.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARD OF SF6
- SF6 has a GWP (global warming potential) 22,000 times more than CO2. Alternatives to SH6 technology for HV use are being explored and vacuum technology, so far restricted to the MV segment, except in Japan, is the front-runner.
- Rapid recent electrification has contributed to the very high growth rate in the fastest growing market the Middle East.
PRODUCTION CAPACITY AND MANUFACTURERS
- Production capacity is discussed to identify the threat of overproduction.
- Manufacturers are listed with global market shares.
PPI (PRODUCER PRICE INDEX) TREND, ANALYSIS OF FACTORS IMPACTING PRICE
- PPI trends are shown and the following factors analysed.
- Demand for switchgear, market and industry trends
- Production capacity—surplus/shortage
- Input prices of:
- The economic and financial climate
LONG TERM DEMAND CYCLE 1900-2050
- The long term demand cycle depends on new build and replacement. It is plotted over time to determine the demand cycle over 150 years.