Generation, Transmission & Distribution
Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
The purpose of this electrical equipment report is to provide a thorough analysis of purchases of equipment used in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity by all generator owners; utility, industry and private, historical and forecast.
- Historical annual sales demand for 56 products in $ from 2000 to 2017 and forecasts to 2022 are contained in 155 tables, encompassing equipment purchased by the combined utility and industrial sectors to generate and supply electricity. The tables are analysed by 19 regions and major countries.
- The electricity generation industry is complex. The equipment fleet for generation and transport of electricity consists of mechanical and electrical components. Mechanical plant has outputs for electricity generation and mechanical drive.
- Boilers, produce steam for electricity generation, heat for space heating, or mechanical drive for industrial process. Turbines produce rotational energy for power generators or for mechanical drive for industrial process or transport. Each component has different characteristics and must be evaluated individually. The figures in this report represent the total markets for the electrical and mechanical equipment used to generate electricity.
- Analysis of the overall market for mechanical and electrical plant is provided – the break between mechanical and electrical plant – the share of electrical or mechanical output, providing a guide to total market sizes.
- Overall ownership of generating plant split between utility and industry.
- The tables are divided into three groups; for generation, transmission and distribution.
- Market shares are provided for equipment categories.
- Capex for generation, transmission and distribution from 2000 to 2017 and forecast to 2022.
- The differences between the long-term demand cycle and short term sales, and their drivers, are demonstrated.
This report is compiled from eight of StatPlan’s deep dive market reports, from national production reports and energy agencies, and from the StatPlan industry databases. The StatPlan market reports have been produced with extensive desk research over a number of years with industry interviews and reports. The various reports range from 1st to 6th editions and the figures are continuously monitored and updated.