The Global Market for Energy and Telecoms Wire and Cable
Copper price impacts wire and cable sales revenue
Sales forecasts – Production tonnage of cable and $ sales revenue are plotted from 2000 to 2017, against the cable price and the copper price in $/tonne . The correlations established enable reliable prediction of the value of future sales of wire and cable.
The StatPlan Wire & Cable Report Ed 4 2018 sizes sales demand for energy and telecoms wire and cable for 2017 and forecasts it from 2018 to 2022, globally, for the regions and for major countries.
- Product groups – Insulated Copper Power Cable, Insulated Aluminium Power Cable, Low Voltage Cable, Uninsulated Conductors, Metallic Telecoms Cable, Fibre Optic Cable, Winding Wire Charted by country and region, from 2000 to 2017, forecast to 2022.
- Factors driving prices of cable analysed in detail – Commodity Prices, Production Capacity, Demand, Learning Rate.
- Copper substitution is reported, price ratio of copper/aluminium plotted over time, with com-mentary on hollow prices trends.
- End user segments with shares -.Infrastructure and utilities, Generation, T&D, Industry OEM/Automotive/Renewables/Elevators/Telecoms/Construction/OGP/SURF.
- The most profitable product groups are identified with long-term growth prospects.
- The Wire & Cable Report identifies several hundred cable manufacturers, with profiles and market shares within product segments for eleven global leaders (European) – Prysmian, Nexans, Leoni, NKT Cable (USA) – General Cable, Southwire, Belden Cable, Coleman Cable (Asian) – Fu-jikura, Furukawa, Hitachi Cable.
- Extensive analysis of the manufacturing sector, with overall vendor shares for Top 50 and competitive analysis within energy, communications and subsea sectors regions and major countries.
- Insulated land cables and bare conductors are not the most profitable category of cable but they are stable long-term earners. The incidence of underground cabling is charted by country.
- Market drivers within end user segments.
- A brief section of the Wire & Cable Report deals with mechanical wire rope with market size and shares.
- Subsea tree awards are charted and projected to 2020, the indicators of subsea cable demand.
- A section outlines the progress of superconductors, potentially one of the most important developments for the electrical sector in the future, now being commercialised, with a review of the major companies and developers and research & industry bodies.
- The markets of cable products and their applications:
• Insulated land cables, HV, MV and LV, underground land cables.
• Electricity transmission and distribution – insulated cables and ACSR bare conductors.
• Marine market – offshore wind power, oil & gas (OGP) with key country markets.
• Submarine cables; demand, manufacturers, development.
• SURF (Subsea Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines), pre-salt/post-salt reserves.
• Industrial applications – OEM, transport harnesses, automotive, mining, electric railways & HSR by region, light railways.
176 pages, 91 figures, 26 tables
Methodology – StatPlan has created a database of production and sales of cable, with sub-analysis of cable types, usage segments and core materials. This is up-dated continuously and each year in-depth interviews are conducted with wire and cable industry executives.